Friday, May 23, 2008

review: Legowelt - Classics 1998-2003


I bought the mp3 album from Bleep.com last night, and is as awesome as a t-rex with robot arms and rocket launchers. The mood however, is less cybernetic t-rex, but more euro-horror-carpendertastic-electro-spy-thriller-orgasm. Some of the songs may seem a little too similar, but I definitely don't mind. This album is sweet, sweet, gravy. If you even THINK you like legowelt, than this is the album for you.


So I get my assignment and I have to track a west german operative carrying top secret documents concerning a communist plot so thick, so earth shattering, that not even I know what it's concerning. Our chase leads us across europe on the trans-europe express, and as I watch the old country unfold before me, I can't help but ponder what could possibly be so secret that I couldn't even be told about it. I finally track the target through the dirty ghettos of the hague. When I finally catch him, I learn more than I wish.

Suddenly everything changes as Wulfgang tells me what I innitally think are babbleings of a mad man. A tale of mindcontrol, interdimentional portals, the Occult, and government controlled zombies. I don't believe him untill a bullet misses me and shatters the framed picture on the wall behind us. Now both governments are after us, and we have to work together just to survive, and some how we must reverse the portal and save mankind.


The album sounds just like that.




No comments: